- What is Smartheart Pro?
SmartheartPro is a compact and portable hospital-grade 12-lead ECG device that displays on the screen of a paired smartphone or tablet the ECG results within seconds. The display is an indication that the ECG was received and is available through the account, professional ECG findings from our telemedicine center will be received within minutes.
- How does Smartheart Pro operate?
The Smartheart App is free and is available for download from the Apple Store or Google Play, depending on your device.
- Does Smartheart Pro work on both iOS and Android phones and tablets?
Yes, it works with both operating systems and once you’ve paired your personal device with Smartheart Pro, is as easy to use in both worlds.
- Is Smartheart Pro suitable for both men and women?
Yes, Smartheart Pro is designed for both men and women.
- Does Smartheart Pro work around different body types and sizes?
Yes, Smartheart Pro is adjustable to three sizes - small, medium, large.
- How quickly do I get ECG results from Smartheart Pro?
You’ll get results within seconds. Smartheart Pro sends them to your smartphone or tablet ready for you to view. Results are through the smartheart pro account. The display is indication that the ECG was received and is available through the account
- I don’t feel sufficiently confident to interpret ECGs myself. Do you provide support?
Yes, SHL Telemedicine has for many years operated telemedicine centers that are manned around the clock by medical professionals dedicated to interpreting ECGs. You will receive an ECG Findings Report within minutes.
- Does Smartheart Pro have regulatory clearance?
Yes, Smartheart Pro is FDA cleared in the United States, bears the CE mark certifying EU approval, PMDA Medical Device Approval in Japan and parallel clearance in India, China and other countries.
- Is it possible to receive reimbursement for ECG and reports, with CPT code 93000 when performing a 12 lead ECG with the Smartheart Pro?
Physicians using smartheart Pro report receiving reimbursement for ECG using CPT code 93000. The description of CPT code 93000 for Electrocardiograph is "Routine ECG with at least 12 leads; with interpretation and report". It is important to refer to the CPT code descriptions in order to ensure that a billed code meets the specific requirements defined for each individual code. You should contact your local Medicare contractor/payer for interpretation of applicable policies. (CPT Copyright 2012 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association)
- Is Smartheart Pro accurate as a standard 12 lead ECG machine?
Yes, in clinical studies we have conducted, the Smartheart has been shown to be accurate and efficacious as the standard 12 lead bed side ECG.